Although there are numerous ways to use frankincense essential oil, I will give you nine of my favorite ways.
Frankincense is one of my absolute favorite essential oils! I use it for almost everything. Just a couple days ago, it felt as though I may be getting a sore throat, so I applied a couple drops to my throat just one time and that sore throat feeling left and did not return.
Frankincense has a sweet, warm, balsamic aroma that is stimulating and elevating to the mind. Useful for visualizing, improving one's spiritual connection, and centering, it has comforting properties that help focus the mind and overcome stress and despair. It is considered the holy anointing oil in the Middle East, where it has been used in religious ceremonies for thousands of years. More recently, it has been used in European and American hospitals and is the subject of substantial research. It is also a valuable ingredient in skin care products for aging and dry skin. The ancient Egyptians used it in rejuvenation face masks.
So, here are nine ways to use frankincense essential oil.
1. Mood Uplifting- Frankincense is one of the most powerful oils to lift the mood. I even like to wear it as a perfume.
2. Great for Skin Care- Because frankincense promotes skin regeneration, it is an excellent choice for preventing or reducing wrinkles when applied topically. I personally use it neat to fade out or even eliminate sun spots on my face.
3. Reduces Brain Fog- It seems that lots of people today complain that their brain seems sluggish. Since frankincense is high is sesquiterpenes, it crosses the blood brain barrier and therefore reduces these symptoms. Put a couple drops on your temples and in your hands. Cup hands over your nose and inhale deeply.
4. Disinfects Cuts and Scrapes- Apply a drop to wounds to clean and disinfect.
5. Relieves Skin Itching- Apply a couple drops to the affected area.
6. Removes Warts- Apply a drop topically to the wart a couple times a day until gone.
7. Strengthens the Immune System- Apply daily to the bottoms of the feet or take internally in capsules. Never takes oils internally unless you are using Young Living Essential Oils. Many oils are adulterated even thought they are labeled 100% PURE.
8. Relieves Pain- Rub on sore joints to relieve symptoms of arthritis and pain from injuries.
9. Reduces Inflammation- Apply topically or take a few drops internally in a capsule.
Experiences with Frankincense I had an itch on my leg that I just couldn't get rid of. I had it for 2 or 3 years. It was so bad I scratched all the time and it formed a callus. I tried everything I could think of. One night I was using frankincense before bed and decided to give it a try. I applied one drop to the itch. It didn't itch for a week afterward. So, I applied another drop…now the callus is gone, skin is normal, and if I feel an itch coming on (very infrequent now) I just apply a drop of Frankincense. Vanessa
I have suffered with more than thirteen warts, some as big as peas on my hands for several years. I have tried every product on the market, as well as all the home remedies I heard about, but I had no luck getting rid of them. After receiving my Young Living Essential Oils, I decided to experiment with them. I started rubbing spruce oils and frankincense oil on them once or twice a day. After two weeks all my warts were completely gone. Judy
I have had two plantar warts for ten years on my feet, each the size of a dime. I tried a prescription medicine on them twice, with no success and much pain as it killed the skin around the entire area. After two months of applying frankincense, they have reduced to half the size, without the pain. Garry
I had an 8 inch surgical incision. The day the staples came out, the oils went on! Twice daily, I applied frankincense, lavender, helichrysum, Gentle Baby, Melrose, and hyssop. At the time we did not have Elemi but I would have added that as well. At night before I went to sleep after applying my oils I put the highest vitamin E oil I could find at the health food store. Then a piece of cotton material over it and secured it with adhesive tape so the vitamin E would soak in. I did this treatment faithfully for about 2-2 1/2 months and today I have absolutely no scar what so ever!!! Thank you God for Gary Young and our precious sacred oils!!! Julie
Incorporate those nine ways to use frankincense essential oil and notice the difference it makes in your health. For more about frankincense, see my article, "The Gift of Frankincense".
To your good health,